You have no items in your shopping cart.
Add access control to your Indigo/INSTEON network by using an I/O Linc based INSTEON Remote Control Door Strike Kit which provides secure entry to or exit from your premises.
The electric door strike module attaches to the frame of an existing door or gate and uses an electro-mechanical release mechanism that can be triggered to lock or unlock from another INSTEON device or your iPhone if you are using Indigo Pro as the home automation control program on your Mac. When a visitor arrives at your home, you can decide whether or not to allow them in. Using Indigo/INSTEON automation, you can remotely unlock doors from other areas of your home using other INSTEON devices like a SwitchLinc, KeypadLinc or Mini Remote. Or, you can incorporate the arming and disarming of your security system to lock or unlock doors as you come or go by using a device like a Wireless INSTEON Motion Sensor to automatically unlock the door or gate as you are leaving your home. This kit is ideal for large homes, homes where the front door is on a different level than the main living area, or homes with remote gate entry. It can also be a tremendous aid for those that have a difficult time answering the door such as the handicapped or disabled.
How It Works
The electric door strike is hardwired to the delay timer/relay and both are powered by a power supply. The delay timer/relay is then connected to the output of the included I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface (1 In / 1 Out), which simply plugs into an available outlet. When I/O Linc receives a signal from any linked INSTEON device (or even your iPhone if you have an Indigo Pro system), the built-in programmable relay can keep a door or gate open for up to 25 seconds before automatically locking. By using the delay/timer relay, you gain the added flexibility of keeping a door or gate unlocked for up to 60 minutes. This kit thus gives you the control to regulate access to and from your property.
- Electric Door Strike
- Delay Timer/Relay
- Power Supply
- I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface ( 1 In / 1 Out )
- Two sets of 20 Foot 2 Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG Interconnect Wire, White
- 1.5mm flathead screwdriver
- Quick Start Guide
Electric Door Strike Detail
When activated, the strike produces a quiet click. It is reversible for left- or right-handed doors. Once installed, the door can still be operated using a key. The strike will remain locked when un-powered. Polished brass finish. Face dimensions: 1 5/8" x 3 1/2". Case dimensions: 1" x 1 7/8" x 3".
I/O Linc Specifications
- Manufacturer: SmartLabs
- Color: White
- Warranty: 2 years
- Status LED: White (Bright when relay closed, dim when relay open)
- Sensor Status LED: Green (On when sensor closed, Off when sensor open)
- Set Button: Toggles output relay On/Off. Also used for setup.
- Momentary Duration: Adjustable, 2 – 25 seconds
- Multi-Way Circuit Support: Yes
- Setup Memory: Non-volatile EEPROM
- INSTEON Addresses: 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Links: 417
- INSTEON Powerline Frequency: 131.65 KHz
- INSTEON Minimum Transmit Level: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON Minimum Receive Level: 10 mV
- INSTEON Messages Repeated: Yes
- I/O Terminals: 5V (10mA), GND, Sense, N/C, N/O, Common (28-16 gauge wire)
- Input jack: 1/8” mini jack input (GND, Sense)
- Input Type: Contact closure only
- Output Relay Capacity: 5A @ 30 Volts (AC or DC)
- Operating Conditions: Indoors, 40 to 132°F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions: 4.5" H x 2.5" W x 1.5" D
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Supply Voltage: 120 Volts AC +/- 10%, 60 Hertz, single phase
- Surge Protection: 1/8” mini jack input (GND, Sense)
- Power Plug : 3-pin grounded
- Pass-through Outlet: Uncontrolled 3-prong (with ground), 120V, 15A
Electric Door Strike Specifications
- Manufacturer: Lee Electric
- Manufacturer Product No.: 220-12
- Dimensions: Face: 1 1/4" x 5 7/8"
- Case: 15/16" x 3 5/8" x 1 7/16"
- Latch: 1 3/8" opening
- Power Requirements: 12VDC
- Minimum Amp Requirements: 400mAh to 500mAh
Delay Timer/Relay Specifications
- Manufacturer: Elk.
- Manufacturer Product No.: Elk-960
- Delay Specification: Timer/Relay with standard PIR motion detectors
- Pulse Setting: Converts a continuous trigger signal into a pulsating ON/OFF signal
Power Supply Specifications
- Manufacturer: Seco-Larm
- Manufacturer Product No.: ST-1212-R0.5A
- Dimensions: 2 3/4" x 2 1/16" x 1 1/2" (70mm x 52mm x 39mm)
- Input Power: 120V AC/60Hz
- Power Output: 12VDC; 500mA regulated
- Certifications: UL listed
20 Foot 2 Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG Interconnect Wire Specifications
- Manufacturer: West Penn Wire
- Wire Type: 2-Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG
- Length: 20'
- Pairs: 1
- AWG Size: 22
- Stranding: 7 x 30
- Nominal Insulation Thickness: 0.01" (.25mm) "
- Jacket Type: PVC
- Nominal Jacket Thickness: 0.015 (.38mm)
- Nominal Outside Diameter: .127 (3.23mm)
- Nominal D.C.R Resistance @ 20°: 17 ohms per 1000 feet
- Color Code: Conductors: black, red; jacket: gray, white, brown
- Materials: ATSM bare copper conductor with PVC insulation and an overall PVC jacket
- Approvals: UL listed NEC type CMR, constructed in accordance with UL standard 444; complies with UL 1666 vertical shaft flame test; meets 300 volt requirements as specified in section 800-51 of the NEC