You have no items in your shopping cart.
The I/O Linc - INSTEON Rain Sensor Kit enhances your Indigo /INSTEON network by alerting you in the event of excess liquid (rain and/or water) build-up. The rain sensor is designed for indoor or outdoor use in and around your home. The kit is great for monitoring rainfall and/or moisture levels in sensitive areas such as green houses, flower beds or lawns.
Using the included mounting bracket and mounting hardware, the rain sensor can be placed anywhere where you would like to detect the accumulation of water. Via an appropriate Indigo trigger, this rain sensor kit can tell your INSTEON EZFlora sprinklers to automatically shut-off when it rains, saving water and money. Alternatively, it can be placed near the foundation of your home to help detect detrimental standing water and flooding; as soon as the accumulation of water starts, the rain sensor will trigger the kit's I/O Linc to turn any INSTEON controlled lights or appliances on or off either using the INSTEON linking function and/or Indigo triggers, thus alerting you of the condition. Conserve water by having your sprinklers turn off automatically when it rains or stop catastrophic and expensive water damage as soon as it starts with the I/O Linc - INSTEON Rain Sensor Kit; an easy-to-use solution for adding convenience and awareness to any Indigo/INSTEON-controlled home.
How It Works
The rain sensor monitors the build-up of liquid (rain, water, etc.). When 5mm or more of liquid has been detected, the sensor triggers the included I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface (1 In / 1 Out) to send an INSTEON signal. You could simply link the kit's I/O Linc to a remote INSTEON device which can act as an alert for leaks. For example, you can have a KeypadLinc LED light up, have all the lights in your house flash, or activate a custom event in Indigo to notify you of the concern. Note: The Rain Sensor is obviously water proof and can be located outdoors in direct weather, however the I/O Linc is not water resistant and must be located indoors.
- I/O Linc - INSTEON Low Voltage / Contact Closure Interface
- Claber® Rain sensor
- Stainless steel mounting bracket and screws for the rain sensor
- 20 Foot 2 Conductor, 22-Gauge/AWG Interconnect Wire, White
- 1.5mm flathead screwdriver
- Quick-start guide
I/O Linc Specifications
- Manufacturer: SmartLabs
- Color: White
- Warranty: 2 years
- Status LED: White (Bright when relay closed, dim when relay open)
- Sensor Status LED: Green (On when sensor closed, Off when sensor open)
- Set Button: Toggles output relay On/Off. Also used for setup.
- Momentary Duration: Adjustable, 2 – 25 seconds
- Multi-Way Circuit Support: Yes
- Setup Memory: Non-volatile EEPROM
- INSTEON Addresses: 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Links: 417
- INSTEON Powerline Frequency: 131.65 KHz
- INSTEON Minimum Transmit Level: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON Minimum Receive Level: 10 mV
- INSTEON Messages Repeated: Yes
- I/O Terminals: 5V (10mA), GND, Sense, N/C, N/O, Common (28-16 gauge wire)
- Input jack: 1/8” mini jack input (GND, Sense)
- Input Type: Contact closure only
- Output Relay Capacity: 5A @ 30 Volts (AC or DC)
- Operating Conditions: Indoors, 40 to 132°F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions: 4.5" H x 2.5" W x 1.5" D
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Supply Voltage: 120 Volts AC +/- 10%, 60 Hertz, single phase
- Surge Protection: 1/8” mini jack input (GND, Sense)
- Power Plug : 3-pin grounded
- Pass-through Outlet: Uncontrolled 3-prong (with ground), 120V, 15A