You have no items in your shopping cart.
- One (upper) remotely controllable outlet and one (lower) standard (always on) outlet
- Tamper-resistant shutter mechanism for protection against improper object insertion and electric shock
- Controllable outlet supports "load sense" - manually switching load on (at load) will turn outlet on
- Auto-off, Over temp sensor
- Dual-band: communicates simultaneously over both radio frequency (RF) and the powerline
- Functions as an AccessPoint for RF-only devices
The INSTEON OutletLinc Dimmer has advanced features like an adjustable ramp rate that slowly brings the lamp on, a preset dim level that stores your preferred choice of 32 brightness levels when turning the lamp on initially, as well as load sense, so you can still use the lamp's built-in switch to turn the light on and off. It's made to be installed in place of any wall receptacle and controls incandescent loads up to 300 Watts. Also features a standard (always on) outlet rated up to 15 Amps for the bottom outlet.
For added convenience, the OutletLinc Dimmer bottom outlet is always on. So, whether you need an outlet in the hallway for the vacuum, or an outlet behind the living room couch for an INSTEON tabletop controller , you'll never have to worry about the outlet being switched off. Also, if you ever need to switch the top outlet on manually, you can either use OutletLinc's built-in ON/OFF button (located between its two outlets) or turn your lamp or appliance on and off with its own ON/OFF switch (with load sensing enabled).
In order for the top outlet dimmer to work, the lamp plug must have the Dimmer Key attached. This key is a small, razor-thin piece that goes over the lamp plug. This prevents others in your home from unplugging the lamp and plugging in non-dimmable appliances that could result in damaging of the appliance.
Reliability and Network Enhancements
The INSTEON OutletLinc Dimmer features dual-band technology which allows the device to send and receive INSTEON commands using both radio frequency (RF) and power line. This means you can control the dimming outlet from power line-only or RF-only devices, it will repeat both signal types for other devices in your network, making your entire INSTEON system faster. Since the INSTEON OutletLinc Dimmer is dual-band device, it can also act as a phase bridge when paired with another dual-band device in the home.
The INSTEON OutletLinc Dimmer is fully INSTEON compatible and X10 ready. Homeowners with existing X10 networks can easily migrate to an INSTEON network without having to discard all their existing X10 devices. X10 ready means that the module can respond to X10 commands from a program like Indigo. Note that all INSTEON devices repeat INSTEON signals thus making your INSTEON network even stronger. However, if used as an X10 device, X10 commands are not repeated.
All OutletLinc Dimmer settings are stored in non-volatile memory and are not lost during power failures.
- Warranty: 2 years, limited
- Status LED: Dual Color, Green & Red
- Dimensions: 4.1" H x 1.73" W x 1.73" D 2.76" H (7.01cm) x 1.73" W (4.394cm) x 1.40"D (3.556cm) (main body)
- Maximum Load (Dimmer Outlet): 300 Watts (for incandescent loads)
- Maximum Amps (Always on Bottom Outlet): 15 Amps
- Memory: Non-volatile EEPROM
- Operating Environment: Indoors
- Operating Temperature: Indoors, 32°F to 104°F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Thermal Overload Protection: Disabled controlled outlet until condition resolved and operated with ON command or front button push.
- Supply Voltage: 120 Volts AC +/-10%, 60 Hertz, single phase
- Load Type: Incandescent
- Surge Resistance: Up to 500 VAC
- Neutral Connection: Required
- INSTEON Addresses: 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Scene Links: 400
- INSTEON Commands Repeated: Yes
- X10 Address: 1 optional (comes unassigned)
- Wires: Black - Hot, White - Neutral, Bare Copper - Ground
Trimplate is NOT included with module.