You have no items in your shopping cart.
INSTEON RF control means you can control the switch directly with an INSTEON remote control device like the Mini Remote. Of course, you will also have all the usual control via your Indigo system and any other linkage you may have defined with other INSTEON devices.
True Rocker Action and High Quality Construction
The INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer 1000 Watt offers the natural feel of high-end switches: tap the top to turn lights on, tap the bottom to turn lights off. You will also enjoy the crisp, tactile response with each touch, instead of the mushy feeling of other brands.
Adjustable Fade Rate
You can adjust the rate at which the light turns on or off, also known as the ramp rate. For example, you may want the light in the stairwell to turn on instantly so you can see where you're walking. Conversely, you may want the light in the master bathroom to ramp up in a soft, gentle fashion so you're not blinded in the middle of the night. The ramp rate is adjustable between 0.1 seconds and 9 minutes.
You can adjust the brightness level locally by pressing and holding the top or bottom of the INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer. You can also adjust the brightness remotely by sending it dims and brights or by sending it a Preset Dim command.
Of course, like all INSTEON modules, it’s ”2-Way.” Via Indigo, you can poll the status of the INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer for an instant status report, including brightness level. This feature is essential when you need to know if the device being controlled is on or off, especially when you are controlling it via the web or the Indigo Touch iPhone app.
Easy to Install and Set Up
The INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer 1000 Watt wires in like a standard wall switch, with an additional connection to a neutral wire. If you're lucky enough to have Indigo downloaded and you have the INSTEON PowerLinc Modem, then the definition and linkage of an INSTEON device is about as easy as it gets:
- Jot down the 6 character ID located on the front of the SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer1000 Watt. (Better be sure you do this before you put the face plate back on.)
- Go to your Mac and name your new device within Indigo and enter the ID you jotted down. Hit the Start Link button that Indigo presents to you.
- Wait for the 15-30 seconds it takes Indigo to go through the linking process.
That’s it!Your device is now part of your INSTEON network. You’ll notice that there was no pushing buttons on the device or running back and forth between the device looking for solid or blinking LEDs telling you everything is okay. Kudos to Indigo for making the INSTEON setup process work so smoothly!
Power Failure Features
All INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer 1000 Watt settings are stored in static memory and are not lost during power failures. Additionally the SwitchLinc will return to its last brightness level upon a power restore.
Brightness Indicator Bar and Choice of Color
A white brightness bar of 8 LEDs indicates the current brightness of the lights being controlled. This can be exceptionally helpful when it is difficult to see the light being controlled (e.g. outside or behind closed doors). A pipe color change out kit is available in a package containing assorted colors: red, blue, amber, and green.
Want a Different Paddle Color?
Your INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer comes out of the box with a white paddle installed. However, if white is not your choice, then the paddle can be replaced with a different color that is more suited for blending in with your décor. Easy to install paddle change out kits can be found here.
- UPC: 813922011005
- Warranty: 2 years, limited
- On-Levels: 32 locally, increments of 1% with software
- Ramp Rates (full-ON to full-OFF): 0.125 to 9 seconds if programmed locally, 0.125 seconds to 8 minutes if programmed remotely
- LED Indicator: 9 White LEDs
- Operation Modes: INSTEON only, X10 only, INSTEON and X10 Combo Mode
- Multi-Way Circuit Support: One SwitchLinc Dimmer controls load, Cross-Link any number of SwitchLinc Dimmers or other INSTEON Controllers
- Setup Memory: Non-volatile EEPROM
- INSTEON Addresses: 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Links: 417
- INSTEON Powerline Frequency: 131.65 KHz
- INSTEON Minimum Transmit Level: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON Minimum Receive Level: 10 mV
- INSTEON Messages Repeated: Yes
- Radio Frequency: 915 MHz
- Ramp Rates (full-ON to full-OFF): 0.125 to 9 seconds if programmed locally, 0.125 seconds to 8 minutes if programmed remotely via software
- Paddle Type: True rocker action
- Wire Nuts: 4 included
- Mounting: Mounts in single or multiple-ganged junction box. Control 200 W less load for each immediately adjacent SwitchLinc Dimmer installed. For example, 600 W load control becomes 400 W with another dimmer to the immediate right or left. Use a triple-gang box with a mechanical switch in the center to avoid de-rating.
- Operating Conditions: Indoors, 32 to 104° F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions: 4.1" H x 1.8" W x 1.2" D
- Weight: 3.8 oz
- Supply Voltage: 100-277 Volts AC +/- 10%, 50/60 Hertz, single phase
- Neutral Wire: Required
- Power Wire Leads: 6", 16 AWG, stranded,600V, 105°C insulation, ends stripped and tinned, LINE (black), LOAD (red), NEUTRAL (white)
- Maximum Amps: 8 amps
- Ground Lead: 6", 18 AWG, stranded, bare copper
- Load Types: Wired-in incandescent lighting devices
- Maximum Load: 1000 Watts
- Power Consumption: 0.56 Watts
- Certification: Safety tested for use in USA and Canada (ETL #3017581)
- X10 Features (applies to power line only)
- X10 Primary Address: 1 optional (comes unassigned)
- X10 Scene Address: 255 possible
- X10 Status Response: Supported
- X10 Resume Dim: Supported (by setting Local On-Level to zero)
- X10 Powerline Frequency: 120 KHz
- X10 Minimum Transmit Level: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- X10 Minimum Receive Level: 20mV into 5 Ohms
- X10 Messages Repeated: No