You have no items in your shopping cart.
IN A NUTSHELL
Auto changeover 3-stage heat, 2-stage cool for use with gas/electric, heat pump, electric & hydronic heat. Accepts humidity module (not included). Compare with features of Venstar T1700 and Venstar T1900. This Venstar digital home thermostat is compatible with the INSTEON Thermostat Adapter. Get it now and you’ll have Indigo/INSTEON control over your HVAC system — even from your iPhone, anywhere in the world.
Basic Features and Characteristics
Even without the INSTEON Thermostat Adapter, the Venstar T1800 Thermostat already has many features built in. Of course, you’ll save energy by running your heater and air conditioning only when you're at home. For example, program the heater to turn on half an hour before you normally arrive home or run the air conditioning only when necessary to keep the pets cool while you're at work. The Venstar T1800 Thermostat is compatible with both heat/cool and heat pump and it will control up to three heat stages as well as two cooling stages. And — just because you've set up your system doesn't mean you can't adjust the temperature manually whenever you want to.
- 7-Day Programmable with up to 4 time periods per day at the thermostat itself (but, of course, you will probably be scheduling via Indigo and there is no 7-Day limitation within Indigo.)
- Accepts humidity module (not included)
- Auto changeover, 3-stage heat, 2-stage cool for use with gas/electric, heat pump, electric and hydronic heat
- Programmable Fan-adjustable 0-60 minutes each hour, with programmable start and stop times
- Display shows both heating and cooling setpoints and room temperature simultaneously
- All programming and setpoints stored in non-volatile memory, and are never lost in power failure
- Service UV lamp indicators
- Dimensions: 4 3/4" x 4 1/4" x 1 1/8"
- Service UV lamp indicators
- Red/Green LED shows whether thermostat is calling for heating or cooling
- 5-minute compressor time guard and adjustable cycle limit, both defeatable for servicing equipment
- Thermoglow backlit electro-luminous display and backlit color coded keys and legends
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 Year
The Venstar thermostats require power to function. If you do not have a "common" wire running to your thermostat from your heating/cooling equipment, you may need to run a new wire. The Add-A-Wire accessory can usually solve the power needed problem. Check with your HVAC expert if you have questions about its applicability to your situation.
Compatible with Indigo and INSTEON
After you add the INSTEON Thermostat Adapter, and incorporate it into your Indigo system, then the functionality of your Venstar Thermostat increases geometrically. The schedules you create from Indigo, of course, have no 7-day limitation. With the Indigo Control Page functionality, you will be able to control the climate in your home from any browser, anywhere, including Safari found in your iPod Touch or even your iPhone. More Info? Check out this Wiki link which discusses how to integrate thermostats into your Indigo Home Automation system.
User oriented installation instructions from the manufacturer are included for the Venstar T1800 Thermostat. If you would like to see this Installation Manual to see what is involved in getting your T1800 installed, check out the Manuals tab above. If you end up feeling you need professional installation or technical support, please call your local HVAC professional.